Wednesday, May 30, 2012

There is a right whey to do things...

Then there is the wrong whey.




This is what happens when you don't get the ricotta and whey you are trying to pour into a colander to drain all the "whey" on the counter before you let go of it. I thought it was more than half whey on the counter and turned it out it wasn't even a 1/4 of the whey on the counter. sigh.


I am VERY thankful that I wheyt for it to cool down before I pour it. The recipe says I only need to wheyt 5 minutes. It is 200 degrees F when I turn off the heat. I have been splashed with this hot whey when a clump of ricotta splashes into the colander. So, I wait at least a 1/2 hour. This batch I waited more like 10 hours, seriously. So, it was fully cooled down when it splashed on my foot. Sorry no pics of the foot with cooled ricotta on it. Haven't had a pedicure since March when the hubby and I went together for our anniversary for one. HA.

Our dog Sandy ate of the feast while I cleaned it up, too. She abandoned me before it was fully cleaned. Can't say I blame her. It is over 1 gallon of whey and ricotta mixed.

I hope you laugh as much as I will, Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment