Friday, February 8, 2013

Cackling...till I cry

Have you heard my laugh, err cackle? Seriously, click the link. Check it out. I cackle when I laugh.

Tonight, I cackled so hard I cried and cried.

I'm sure it won't be as funny to you as it was to me. But I was in just the right mood at the right time and bam...laughter.

So, here is my story. I'm probably writing this down more for my benefit than for yours. Using this ye old blog as a journal tonight.

I was having a really crappy day today. Complete with crying, loneliness, helpless, and pain. When Lindsey got home, I got dinner ready. All. By. Myself. I sat down to the table set for five. All. By. Myself. Despite having called for everyone to come to dinner.

I poured me a glass of Lindsey's Mountain Dew and was reminded of a good friend pointing out to me that I only "hit the dew" when I've had a bad day. Lindsey joined me at the table and started to dish up my plate. He mentioned that I was drinking the last of his Mountain Dew. To which I reply, "Then you should be asking me what's wrong, because I only drink your dew when I've had a bad day."

I had a serving spoon full of spaghetti. Spaghetti is the food I once threw a whole plate of against the wall, when I had a fit years and years ago. Lindsey bows his head and begins to say grace and it goes like this...

"Dearly Beloved."

He instantly looks over at me, surprised with himself.

Followed by 5 minutes of me Laughing uncontrollably. To. Tears. While he just sits there grinning ear to ear that he can make me laugh so hard. :-)

Then he calls for the kids to get there rear ends to the table so he can start this wedding.

Followed by more of my cackling.

No comments:

Post a Comment