Monday, February 18, 2013

Piglet...

 
 
 
Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind.
“Pooh?” he whispered.
 
“Yes, Piglet?”
 
“Nothing,” said Piglet, taking Pooh’s hand.
“I just wanted to be sure of you.”
 
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
 
 
I am often like Piglet. Insecure. Scared. Wanting to be "sure" of those I love, that they love me, too.
 
I don't often speak that out loud. I keep it inside. I make jokes. I try not to get close to people, so I don't get hurt when they walk away.
 
I often have to remind myself that Pooh didn't walk away from Piglet. He stayed right there. Kindly guiding him.
 
God is my Pooh. I am His Piglet.
 
"So do not worry, because I am with you. Do not be afraid because I am your God. I will support you with my right hand that saves you." Isiah 41:10
 
That verse is on my wall above my computer. To remind me God is with me, always, just as Pooh is there for Piglet.
 
 
"We'll be friends forever won't we, Pooh?" said Piglet.
"Even longer," Pooh answered.
 
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment