Saturday, February 9, 2013

100% Whole Wheat Waffles Recipe - using whey!

I only buy Whole wheat flour, then make my family deal with it when I make things.

I buy Prairie Gold 100% Whole wheat flour. But thinking of switching to a sprouted wheat flour. I've heard good things about that.

Here is my waffle recipe.

6 cups 100% whole wheat flour
1/4 honey
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 1/2 cups whey (left over from cheese making or draining yogurt) or Fresh Raw Goats milk or milk product of your choice.
1 cup plus 2 TBS of melted coconut oil
4 Large eggs from free range hens.

          Combine all ingredients, in order listed, in a large mixing bowl. I use my Kitchen Aid mixer. Let batter rest while heating up the waffle maker.

Pour 1/4 cup of batter per waffle onto waffle maker. Or the amount your manufacture says. I use 2 cups of batter on my 4 waffle maker. Close the lid. Wait for the sound. Carefully remove waffles. Cool Slightly.

Cut with a pizza cutter. Top with your favorite waffle topping, ours is maple syrup or "chocolate frosting".

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment