Friday, January 20, 2012

No place to cry

If you know me at all or have read any of my previous posts, you know I struggle with being a good wife and feeling loved by my husband. He's a "typical" male by most worldly standards. He doesn't want to be my best friend, his words not mine.

Well, while I was milking the goats and having a pity party in my head. Listening to my Christian radio station and thinking, "How can I take this marriage even ONE more day?"

I stand up from milking and look over and see this....



He must of done it last night when filling my goats water buckets in 8 degree weather. He is not a total jerk after all, right? :)  In case you can't see it, he wrote "I love you" in the frost on the window of my barn door.

It was still 8 degrees out and there was no way I was gonna sit down and have a good frozen teared cry out there. It can wait. I went inside and called him at work and said, "I just wanted to thank you for getting up every morning and going to work. Thank you for providing for our family."

We do love each other, we just struggle more than what I think most couples do. Keeping it real here, so if you are struggling, you know your not alone. Just look for frosted windows to keep hope alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment